October is a very busy month.
- A sermon series, Find Your Way Back to God – Awakening to Longing, Regret, Help, Love and Life, will continue to be preached in October.
- Stewardship campaign will be launched on the last Sunday of October.
- World Communion Sunday will be celebrated on October 7th.
- The United Methodist Church designated September 15 – October 15 as Hispanic-Latino Heritage Month to celebrate the contribution of Hispanic-Latino people to our country and to the church. Aldersgate Church is blessed to have our Hispanic brothers and sisters on our faith journey together.
- Annual Church/Charge Conference will be held on November 1, 7-9 p.m. at North Chili UMC.
- We will celebrate the ministry of laity on October 28.
- Membership class will be offered beginning October 28 for 4 Sundays.
- Fall Family Festival is on October 20, 5-7 p.m.
- Crafts & Collectibles Show and Sale is on October 12-13.
Conversation with the Pastor is open for all who would like to get together with Pastor Sung Ho. I would be glad to visit your home for a conversation to get to know each other. The sign-up sheet is found on the bulletin board in the gathering space. Or you can contact me to arrange a conversation. If you would like to meet with me in a group with your friends, that will also work for me.
October is a very busy month. When life is busy, it is so easy to focus on action itself. It is important to pay attention to yourself, your inner world and your spirit. So here is my recommendation:
- First, attend worship service faithfully for your inner strength.
- Second, participate in church programs and activities. You don’t know what blessings God has prepared for you unless you are involved in the program or activity through which God wants to bless you.
I look forward to worshiping with you and being in ministry with you in October.