THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR 2020, BECAUSE OF COVID-19, KEEP AN EYE ON THIS PAGE FOR NEWS ABOUT NEXT YEAR’S EVENT.
Annual Rummage & Bake Sale
OUR 2020 RUMMAGE SALE IS COMING UP THIS FALL – OCTOBER 8, 9 &10.
THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO DONATE, HELP OR SHOP TO MAKE EACH YEAR’S SALE A SUCCESS! We made over $7,100 from the 2019 sale, setting a new record high!
About the Sale
Aldersgate United Methodist Women’s Annual Rummage & Bake Sale has been a tradition for so long that no one remembers which year it actually started. Each year, the proceeds from this massive sale go towards UMW ministry and missions. Proceeds from this year’s Aldersgate UMW Rummage & Bake Sale will be designated to UMW Global Missions & Aldersgate Building Fund. Preparations for the event begin in the spring, with donations accepted starting Monday, SEPTEMBER 28th 2020.
Doors open to the public on Thursday, OCTOBER 8th, Friday OCTOBER 9th, & Saturday, OCTOBER 10th, 2020.
If you‘ve been thinking about cleaning out your attic, basement, or that hall closet that is overflowing with stuff, now is the time to do it! If you have a chance to pre-sort the items, that is appreciated, but not necessary.
Please share this donation opportunity with friends, neighbors and colleagues. The success of the sale is based on the quality and quantity of items available. Tax letters will be available onsite and on our website once donation days start.
Volunteers are what make the Rummage & Bake Sale great, and we are always happy to see new faces! We have a little something for everyone, from leadership positions to one-time volunteer shifts. If you are interested in volunteering with us, contact us any time by these methods:
- using the Volunteer form at the bottom of this page,
- just show up any day or time you have a few hours top he;[ move, sort, clean and price items.
- signing up on the sheets on the church’s bulletin board,
- by calling us at 585-663-3665,
- by email: LDurbin@aumcgreece.org or
- through our Facebook page through the event or message buttons.
Items We Can Accept
- Clothing- clean and in good condition
- Antiques, art
- Furniture, linens
- Books, CDs, DVDs, BluRay discs
- Holiday Items
- Brand new items
- Garden equipment, pots, tools
- House wares
- LCD or LED HDTVs or displays
- Small appliances
- Electronics (DVD players, radios, printers, computers (no CRT monitors)
Items We Cannot Accept
- Large appliances (stove, dishwasher, refrigerator, clothes washer & dryer)
- Older SD TVs (square screen, bulky for the size)
- CRT monitors
- Winter recreation equipment & snowsuits
- Bowling balls
- Bathing suits that have been worn
- Waterbeds, box springs or mattresses
- Sleeper sofas/hide-a-beds
- Large metal desks
- Large appliances
- Automotive parts
- Ammunition, weapons
- Hazardous materials
- Sharp knives/cutlery
- Anything that smells musty, moldy or mildew (due to allergy and health concerns)
Save the Dates
Donation Days: Drop Off Times
- Items are accepted: Monday, September 28 – Wednesday, October 7 @ Noon sharp.
- Days of the Week: Monday through Saturdays
- Monday September 28: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Weekdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, October 3 – from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday, October 4 – after 2nd service from 12:00 p.m. to 2 p.m. (Ide center door)
- LAST DAY – Wednesday, October 7th from 9 a.m. until NOON sharp.
- If items need to be picked up, please call our office at: 663-3665 between Monday, September 21 and Friday, October 1 between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. to be scheduled on a first-come-first-served basis. Please be ready with a brief description of the item(s) so we can have the appropriate people & vehicles available.
- Any questions? Email: RDurbin@aumcgreece.org or LDurbin@aumcgreece.org with subject “rummage sale”
Sale Days: Thursday, October 8th; Friday, October 9th & Saturday, October 10th
The entrance to Aldersgate UMC church is located on the West side of the church and will be clearly marked with signs. Baked goods will be available for purchase for the duration of the sale. The Rummage & Bake Sale runs as follows:
- Thursday, October 8 from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- Friday, October 9 from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- Saturday, October 10 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. sharp. (Please enter before 3:45 p.m.)
“Volunteers are what make the Rummage Sale great, and we are always happy to see new faces! We have a little something for everyone, from leadership positions to one-time volunteer shifts. If you are interested in volunteering with us, contact us any time at LDurbin@aumcgreece.org or sign up on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/aumcgreece and look for the event.
FILL OUT THE VOLUNTEER FORM BELOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP